Alliance of Women Directors (AWD) is seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead the organization into its next phase. AWD is a 501c(3) that promotes women and gender nonbinary directors in film, television, commercials, and new media by providing education and professional support for members in the form of hands-on craft enrichment, mentorship, and education; developing and leveraging relationships with industry partners; and collaborating with like-minded organizations to increase our reach and impact.
In this part-time position, the Executive Director will be instrumental in raising funds to grow the organization, developing innovative ways to implement the organization’s goals and expand its impact on the film and television industry, and serving as an advocate for women and gender nonbinary directors.
- Identifies, strategizes and implements fundraising and development opportunities
- Cultivates meaningful relationships with a broad range of funders and supporters, including industry leaders and companies
- Leads AWD’s fundraising activities, including but not limited to acquisition of new donors, corporate support, special events, sponsorship, programming partnerships, and grants
- Manages and tracks relationships with all donors and prospects
- Establishes clear goals and strategic plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors
ADVOCACY, INDUSTRY RELATIONS:
- Builds and leverages relationships with corporate entities and within the entertainment industry to include but not limited to film and television production companies, major studios, agencies, top-level entertainment professionals, and entertainment related publications
- Attends industry meetings and events, serving as a spokesperson on behalf of AWD
- Develops, directs, and implements public relations and communication strategies to support program goals throughout the entertainment industry
PROGRAMMING and EVENTS:
- Helps develop and maintain relationships that support AWD programming
- Works with Program Manager, Committee Chairs, and Board of Directors to design and implement programming that serves AWD’s members
- Attends select AWD events in a leadership capacity
- Experience and relationships within the entertainment industry preferred
- Supervisory experience at a corporate entity or company affiliated with the entertainment industry (either non-profit or for-profit) and/or prior experience having direct reports and working with consultants and contractors
- Three (3) years of successful fundraising experience with a past minimum raise of $150,000 annually
- Ability to work independently and multi-task while prioritizing and accomplishing goals
- Proven track record leading successful, goal-oriented teams
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, organizational, and writing skills
Expectations: Part-time (20 hours per week) with events and board meetings occasionally on evenings and weekends. Job is remote with occasional in-person meetings. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, AWD’s Executive Director is expected to take a leadership role in expanding the job into a full-time position by 2026.
Compensation: $40,000 per annum.
Milestone-based compensation and/or bonuses to be considered.
AWD is an equal opportunity employer.
About Alliance of Women Directors (www.allianceofwomendirectors.org):
Alliance of Women Directors (AWD) is an inclusive collective of over 400 professional women-identifying and gender nonbinary directors working together to affect positive, lasting change in the entertainment industry. A relentless advocate for gender parity, AWD believes it is vital that stories are told from all perspectives. Representation matters.
AWD is committed to substantially increasing the number of working women-identifying and gender nonbinary directors in film, television, commercials, and new media by:
- Providing education and professional support for members in the form of hands-on craft enrichment, mentorship, and education
- Developing and leveraging relationships with industry partners
- Partnering with like-minded organizations to increase our reach and impact.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2023.