BDAI is designed to facilitate relationships between industry professionals and Black AWD directors for the purpose of career development. This mentoring program is implemented through the framework of a one-to-one relationship: The Industry Mentor and The Director.
The mission of BDAI is to:
· Create relationships with industry professionals
· Promote the development of AWD Black directors in specific areas
· Facilitate successful interactions between the mentor and director
· Help level the playing field by eliminating “barriers to entry” that have systematically excluded Black directors
Industry Mentors are paired with an AWD director based on common areas of focus. Categories include:
· Episodic Directing
· General Relationship Building / Career Advice
· Shooting a Feature
Participate in the AWD Black Directors Advancement Initiative
Directors: All Black AWD members may participate. Applications for this year’s program are open until EOD July 11th. Members should check their inboxes for the application link.
Mentors: If you are an Industry professional and would like to be a mentor for the BDAI, please contact us. *Please note: We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 meetings within 6 months.