AWD Code of Conduct
Alliance of Women Directors (AWD) adheres to the values of integrity and inclusion and believe that culture and global connectedness advance when stories from all perspectives are told. AWD is dedicated to affecting positive, lasting change in the entertainment industry by increasing the number of working women-identifying and gender nonbinary directors in film, television, commercials, and new media.
In keeping with the mission of Alliance of Women Directors, all members – including AWD Directors and Ally members – agree to the guidelines set forth below with regard to the organization, its members, and our industry partners and guests:
- Act in a manner that is professional, courteous, empowering, respectful, and a positive reflection of the mission and values of AWD;
- Uphold the confidentiality of any sensitive information gained through AWD membership and adhere to the rules and guidelines set forth for each of our events and programs;
- Conduct oneself in a fair and good faith manner in dealings with AWD, its members, its partners, and its guests. Avoid taking advantage of another person or entity through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of self or material facts, and/or engaging in other unfair practices;
- Refrain from entering into any agreements, partnerships, or sponsorships with any entities on behalf of AWD without written permission from the Executive Board of Directors and/or misrepresenting the interests of AWD to outside organizations for personal benefit. Please note that AWD cannot provide fiscal sponsorship to any members nor member projects;
- Acknowledge that any program or event using the AWD name and logo must be pre-approved by the Executive Board of Directors;
- Foster an ethical culture through one’s actions, keeping in mind the bigger picture of AWD’s reputation and mission to support and uplift marginalized voices in film, television, commercials, and new media.
In order to maintain a supportive organization, grievances, concerns, and recommendations are to be submitted in writing via info[at]allianceofwomendirectors.org
AWD reserves the right, without refund of any related costs, to limit or revoke membership for those who violate this Code of Conduct.
The AWD Code of Conduct will be updated periodically, and it is the member’s responsibility to be aware of changes.