Alliance of Women Directors (AWD) is seeking its first Executive Director, a motivated, highly qualified individual who will lead the organization into its next phase. Operating as an all-volunteer non-profit organization for 20 years, AWD promotes women-identifying directors in film, television, commercials, and new media by providing education and professional support for members in the form of hands-on craft enrichment, mentorship, and education; developing and leveraging relationships with industry partners; and partnering with like-minded organizations to increase our reach and impact.
With growth and momentum from the current climate, the Executive Director will be instrumental in crafting plans and successes for the future of our organization and positively impacting the film and television industry.
● Establishes clear goals and strategic plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors
● Leads the development direction and evaluation of fundraising activities, including but not limited to acquisition of new donors, corporate support, special events, sponsorship, programming partnerships, and grants
● Cultivates meaningful relationships with a broad range of funders and supporters, including industry leaders and companies
● Manages and tracks relationships with all donors and prospects.
PROGRAMMING and EVENTS:
● Supports AWD’s existing professional development programs and events, including but not limited to partnerships with NBC, CBS, and Fox
● Provides oversight of AWD’s committees, including Festival Outreach, Communications, Career Advancement Program, and Membership
● Provides vision and execution to expand AWD’s programs to serve membership
● Oversees program implementation in collaboration with the Board of Directors, AWD’s existing programming and event infrastructure, and committee chairs
● Regularly attends AWD events in a leadership capacity.
ADVOCACY, INDUSTRY RELATIONS:
● Builds and leverages relationships with film and television production companies and studios and individuals to help AWD fulfill its mission
● Attends industry meetings and events and serves as a spokesperson on behalf of AWD
● Develops, directs, and implements public relations and communication strategies to support program goals throughout the entertainment industry.
● Extensive experience in, and active relationships throughout the entertainment industry to include but not limited to film and television production companies, major studios, agencies, top-level entertainment professionals, and entertainment related publications
● 3 years of successful fundraising experience with a past minimum raise of $150,000 – $250,000 per annum
● 3 years of work in a supervisory capacity at a business entity or company affiliated with the entertainment industry (either non-profit or for-profit)
● Preference for experience in the non-profit 501(c)(3) sector or at minimum extensive knowledge of the non-profit sector and operations
● Ability to work independently and multi-task while prioritizing and accomplishing goals
● Proven track record leading successful, goal-oriented teams
● Exceptional interpersonal communication, organizational, and writing skills.
Compensation: $40,000 per annum as an independent contractor.
Expectations: Part-time (20 hours per week) with events and board meetings occasionally on evenings and weekends. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, AWD’s first Executive Director is expected to take a leadership role in expanding this position into full-time by 2020 with an annual salary to reflect work and accomplishments.
AWD is an equal opportunity employer.
About Alliance of Women Directors (www.allianceofwomendirectors.org)
Alliance of Women Directors (AWD) is an inclusive collective of over 250 professional women-identifying directors working together to affect positive, lasting change in the entertainment industry. A relentless advocate for gender parity, AWD believes it is vital that stories are told from all perspectives. Representation matters.
AWD is committed to substantially increasing the number of working women-identifying directors in film, television, commercials, and new media by:
● Providing education and professional support for members in the form of hands-on craft enrichment, mentorship, and education
● Developing and leveraging relationships with industry partners
● Partnering with like-minded organizations to increase our reach and impact.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be reviewed through fall 2018.